GENERAL LAW PRACTICING ATTORNEY
Highly motivated self-starter with extensive quality experience in government, business and law: human resources policies, procedures and practices; personnel and management recruitment, selection, development and evaluation; compensation; employee/employer relations, arbitration management and organization development. Committed to building organizations that value and practices diversity, affirmative action, and equal opportunity, providing innovative leadership and vision, management skill and insight and an adroit ability to manage relationships across a spectrum of institutions and intellectual disciplines.
William G. Barnes & Associates, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Attorney and Counselor of Law, Birmingham, AL. 35215-3623
Managing attorney engaged in the practice of criminal and civil law within the State of Alabama in State and Federal Courts. Trial lawyer of criminal defendants under prosecution within Alabama and Federal circuits; trial prosecution and defense of civil litigation actions within Alabama and Federal judicial circuits.
- Member, United States Supreme Court Bar
- Member, 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Member, Federal Bar Northern District of Alabama
- Member, Federal Bar Middle District of Alabama
- Member, Alabama State Bar
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Birmingham Bar Association
- Member, Greater Birmingham Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
William G. Barnes & Associates, Inc. Birmingham, AL. 35215-4060
Principal Business Consultant
Principal consultant to business entities in organizational development and operations; personnel recruitment, selection, management, employee and management training; compensation, benefits analysis and administration; operations and personnel safety; wage, salary, claims and administration; contract negotiations; legalities, grievance and arbitration management; sales and marketing. Conducted research of organizational structure and operations, identify problems and make recommendations to directors and senior management for organizational development actions.
- LL.M. – Master of Laws; Atlanta Law School, Atlanta, GA. 1991
- J.D., – Juris Doctor; Birmingham School of Law, Birmingham, AL. 1985
- M.A. – Education/Human Resource Development/Organizational Psychology;
- George Washington University, Washington, D.C., 1978
- B.S. – Business Administration/Psychology;
- George Washington University, Washington, D.C., 1975
- A.A. – Liberal Arts George Washington University, Washington, D.C. 1974